Station: Allegan, MI
Allegan was founded in 1833. [MPN] It was a station on the Lake Shore's Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids branch (later NYC). The town also served as a terminus for the Pere Marquette's line northwest to Holland and the Detroit, Toledo & Milwaukee's Railroad line east through Battle Creek, Marshall, Tecumseh and Dundee.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, an old photograph of a passenger train loading at the PM depot. Middle, another postcard view of the PM depot at Allegan. Below, the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern (later NYC) depot at Allegan. [All, Alan Loftis collection]