Station: Hilliards, MI
Hillards was founded in Hopkins Township in Allegan County about 1860 following the purchase of large tracts of forest by loggers. The Lake Shore & Michigan Southern (later NYC) came through on its line between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids. Hillards was located on that line about 12 miles north of Allegan.
Photo Info/Credit: This is an early photo of the LS&MS depot at Hillards. [Alan Loftis collection]