Station: Otsego, MI
Otsego was settled in 1831 in Allegan County. In 1836 a dam, mill-race and sawmill were built. The village was incorporated in 1873 and Otsego became a city in 1918. [MPN].
Otsego was located on the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern's branch from Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids, about 10 miles southeast of Allegan.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a Lake Shore limited passenger train stops at the Otsego depot around 1900. Next, another view of the depot, taken about 1910. Bottom two views, postcard views of the Bardeen Paper Company mill in Otsego with railroad tracks in front. The semaphore likely indicates that one of these adjacent buildings is the LSMS depot. [All, Alan Loftis collection]
- Barden Paper Co. mill #1 ;and #2 - (LSMS) 1899
- Otsego Buggy Co. (LSMS) 1899