Print

Station: BCG&A Junction, MI

When the Boyne City, Gaylord & Alpena came to Alpena around 1917, they crossed the D&M's North Division about 1/4 mile north of the north wye switch at Alpena Junction, a place called BCG&A Junction.  The Boyne City line then crossed the D&M's spur to the Huron Portland Cement Plant about midway in what was later to be the D&M Alpena Yard and then curved around into the old downtown near Fletcher Paper.