Mine: Paxton Quarry, Lachine, MI
Paxton Quarry was located on the D&M Hillman Branch, southeast of M-32 and Herron Road in Alpena County. The quarry supplied stone for the Alpena Portland Cement Company in Alpena. The Hillman Branch was truncated to Paxton early in the 1900's. The D&M maintained a passing track just east of King Settlement Road and served several tracks into the quarry where gons were loaded. A turn from Alpena Junction would bring out an empty set of gons and take back a loaded train which was forwarded to the cement plant.
Today, the quarry is closed and now flooded.