Station: Alba, MI
Alba began as a flag station on the Grand Rapids & Indiana railroad in 1876. The Village was platted in 1878. The Detroit & Charlevoix railroad entered town in 1901 and a tower was constructed with an interlocking machine to control the crossing. The location of the crossing is directly across from the Mobil station on US-131.
Photo info/credit: A passenger train, "No. 7" takes on passengers at the Alba depot. [Alan Loftis collection]