Print

Station:  Alden, MI

PM Alden DepotPM Alden DepotPM Alden DepotAlden was founded in 1868 in Antrim County, originally named Noble and then Spencer Creek. The Pere Marquette railroad came through in 1891 and the town was renamed for an official of the PM road, William Alden Smith. [MPN]

Photo info/credits: Top, the PM depot. [Alan Loftis collection]. Middle, a newer view of the restored depot. [Kevin Toombs]. Bottom, a 2004 view of the depot. [Alan Loftis]

1907 new staton. The PM erected a new station at this location in 1907. [PMAR-1907]