Print

Station:  Bellaire, MI

PM Depot at Bellaire MIPM Depot at Bellaire MIPM Tracks at Bellaire MIPM Depot at Bellaire MIPM Tracks at Bellaire MIPM Depot at Bellaire MIBellaire was created in 1879 when citizens moved the county seat for Antrim County from Elk Rapids. It was originally called Keno, then changed to Bellaire in 1880. [MPN] A station was established on the Chicago & West Michigan railroad in 1891 and the East Jordan & Southern railroad connected here with the PM at a later date.

Photo info/credits: Top, the depot, freight house, and water standpipe with an approaching passenger train. Middle, a 1940's photo of the Bellaire Depot. [Doug Leffler collection]. Next three, old photos of the railroad. [Alan Loftis collection]. Bottom, the old depot, now a Shanty Creek property, in 1978. [L.R. Bolton photo, Charles Geletzke Jr. collection]