Print

Station:  Omer, MI

Original Omer DepotTrain at Omer DepotOmer DepotOmer DepotOmer was settled about 1866 on the Rifle River as a lumber mill operation. The village was platted in 1872 and incorporated as a small city in 1903. It was in Bay County until Arenac County was organized in 1883. Omer was a station on the Detroit & Mackinac south division main line and a branch line to Au Gres was located here.

Photo info/credits: Top, the original D&M depot at Omer. Next, a D&M passenger train at this depot, date unknown. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]. Both bottom photos are of the second depot in 2003, now used as a community center. [Alan Loftis]