Station: Standish, MI
Standish was settled about 1871 as the home of a saw mill. The Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw railroad (later Michigan Central) came through here shortly thereafter and constructed a beautiful stone depot, which survives to this day (2014). The village was incorporated in 1893 and became a city in 1904. It is the county seat of Arenac County.
Photo info/credits: Three photos of the depot, which was built in 1889. It resembles the MC depot at Grass Lake with its stone construction. The bottom photo shows a bit more of the beautiful park surrounding the depot in its formidible days. [Bottom photo, Alan Loftis Collection]