Station: Covington, MI
Covington, in Baraga County, was founded in 1885. It was a station on the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic main line, about fourteen miles west of Nestoria. The town is now located near the crossing of US-141. The line through Covington is still in place (as of 2013) but used for railroad car storage by the Escanaba & Lake Superior railroad.
Covington had several sidings here. The town was in Sections 22 and 23 of T48N-R34W. It is on the west end of Worm Lake. [DSSM]
1897. The DSS&A railway company has decided to establish a station at Covington in this county. A large number of homesteaders have settled in that vicinity of late years, and the necessity for better accommodations for them induced the railroad company to take the step noted. Covington is midway between Nestoria and Sidnaw, and is the center of a fine tract of farming land now thickly covered with hardwood. This news will be cheering to the settlers thereabout. [LAS-1897-0206]
1918. The DSS&A had an operator/agent here during the day shift. [TRT]