Station: Salzburg, MI
Salzburg, also known as West Bay City, was settled in 1843 and platted into a village in 1853. The Jackson, Lansing and Saginaw (MC) railway came through here, followed by the parallel Grand Trunk Western line. The town was known for its German heritage as well as the salt producing facilities here. It was later combined with other towns to form West Bay City, and then combined with Bay City itself.