Print

Station:  Benzonia, MI

Benzonia was founded in 1858 as a proposed Christian college in the woodland wilderness. It was incorporated as a village in 1891. [MPN]  The town's location near the east end of Crystal Lake, is situated on the Ann Arbor railroad, about 8 miles east of Frankfort and Elberta. The AARR touched Benzonia but station facilities appear to be in Beulah and Benzonia is not listed on the railroad's timetable in 1936.