Station: Frankfort, MI
Frankfort, in Benzie County, was settled around 1850 on the shore of Lake Michigan at the inlet to Betsie Lake. The town was incorporated as a village in 1874. [MPN] The Ann Arbor railroad ended its cross state railroad line from Toledo at this location.
Photo info/credits: Top, the Ann Arbor railroad passenger station and the Hotel Frontenac, at Frankfort, in a postcard view. The hotel was built by the railroad in 1907 to promote tourism and use of their passenger trains. It was destroyed by fire on January 12, 1912. Below, Ann Arbor 392, now under Tuscola & Saginaw Bay ownership, delivers a reefer to Pet Foods in Frankfort, in October, 1984. [Neil Plagens]