Station: Coloma, MI
Coloma was settled in 1834 with shingle manufacturing and first called Dickerville. It was platted in 1855 and renamed. In 1893 it was incorporated as a village and then as a city in 1941. [MPN] Coloma is in the northeast section of Berrien County on the Chicago & West Michigan line between Grand Rapids and Benton Harbor (later Pere Marquette, C&O and CSX). The town is about miles east of Benton Harbor by rail.
Photo info/credit: Top, an early C&WM/PM depot at Coloma. 2nd photo, another early view of the depot and downtown area. 3rd photo, a newer C&O depot at the same location. [All, Alan Loftis Collection], Bottom, a crossing guard tower now on display at Coloma which was moved from its original location in Benton Harbor. [J. R. Valderas]