Print

Station:  Dayton, MI (Berrien County)

Dayton in Berrien County was settled in 1830 and named Redding's Mills. It was soon changed to Terre Coupe, but it was changed to Dayton when the post office was renamed in 1851. [MPN] Dayton was on the Michigan Central railroad's main line to Chicago, about 10 miles west of Niles. 

1920 - On the Michigan Central there is no agent for either freight or passenger. [MCOAS]