Print

Station:  Lakeside, MI

PM Lakeside DepotPM Lakeside Depot with trainPM Lakeside DepotLakeside, in Berrien County was settled in 1854 with a saw mill. The Chicago & West Michigan railroad came through in 1858 and the place was called Wilkinson. After the civil war, it was renamed Lakeside (with various spellings over the years). Lakeside was located near Lake Michigan about six miles north of the Indiana state line.

Photo info/credit: Top, an old photo of the Pere Marquette depot at Lakeside. 2nd photo, another view of the depot, perhaps on the same day. Bottom photo, a postcard view of the PM depot. [Robert Rosenbaum collection]