Print

Station:  Watervliet, MI

PM Watervliet DepotPM Watervliet DepotWatervliet, in Berrien County, was located on the Pere Marquette main line in the northeast corner of the county. A sawmill was built here in 1833. It was also known as Waterford for a time. It was incorporated as a village in 1891 and a city in 1924. [MPN]

Photo info/credit: Top, a postcard view of the PM depot at Watervliet. Below, the same depot in 2003. [Alan Loftis]

1905 improvements: The PM builds a new water station at Watervliet, replacing an older facility. [PMAR-1905]