Station: Clarendon, MI
Clarendon was settled in1 832 as Cook's Prairie in Calhoun County. It was renamed in 1840. It became a station on the Air Line branch of the Michigan Central railroad about 3 miles west of Homer. To the east of Clarendon, the MC established a major coaling facility for steam locomotives, which is covered under another page on this website.
1920 - On the Michigan Central Air Line, this is a prepaid station with no agent present. [MCOAS]