Station: Marcellus, MI
The village of Marcellus, in Cass County, was platted about 1870 and incorporated as a village in 1879. [MPN] The town was on the Grand Trunk Western (later Canadian National) railroad in the northeast corner of the county, about 15 miles northeast of Cassopolis.
Photo info/credits: Top, the GTW depot at Marcellus. Note the tall tower downt he track (likely for a crossing guard) and large water tower in the distance. [Alan Loftis Collection] 2nd photo, another view of the depot. [T. J. Gaffney Collection] 3rd photo, a GTW locomotive has finished taking on water at Marcellus, in 1915. [Ted Zerbe Collection] Bottom, Burlington Northern 7268, a SD-40-2, leads an empty Detroit Edison unit coal train through Marcellus in March, 1994. [Mark Andersen]