Print

Station: Rondo, MI

Rondo was a station stop on the Michigan Central Mackinaw Division, three miles north of Wolverine. It was settled in 1882. [MPN]


June 20, 1908. Fire this morning caused a loss here of $15,000. A. LPark's hotel was destroyed as well as his store, its stock and his personal propertyi, all valued at $10,000. The Galbraith dwelling and barn and the Shearer residence were also destroyed, as well as the Michigan Central railroad station. Several bridges were also burned. The village could not receive aid from Wolverine, as a fire was burning at the same time it was here. [DFP-6/22/1908]