Mackinaw City, MI - Dock
The railroad car ferry dock at Mackinaw City was used for car ferry ships between Mackinaw and St. Ignace, MI in the Upper Peninsula. On the south, it was switched by the Michigan Central/NYC and later the Detroit & Mackinac. On the north, it was switched by the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic.
Photo info/credits: Top, a 1909 photo of the dock. The boat on the left is exchanging passengers or freight. The main rail ferry dock is empty at the right. A passenger train appears to be waiting for the rail ferry. It will then proceed south on either the Michigan Central or Grand Rapids & Indiana. Below, a closer photo of the same location with the rail ferry at the right.