Station: La Grand, MI (also known as Legrande)
LaGrand was a logging camp west of Tower in Cheboygan County. It was served by a short Detroit & Mackinac railroad branch line running west from Tower. La Grand ended up being surrounded by Michigan Central logging branches off the Haakwood Branch.
Coordinates: 45.403683, -84448590
June 20, 1908. Legrand, a village of 300 population, on the Haakwood branch, northeast of Wolverine, was destroyed by fire tonight. Most of the women and children left the village early in the afternoon, and the men who remained were unable to successfully combat the fire. The loss of property will be heavy. Great quantities of lumber and timber were in the village ready for shipment. All was burned. [DFP-6/21/1908]