Print

Station:  Wilwin, MI

Wilwin was a station on the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic railway in Chippewa County, about five miles northwest of Trout Lake. The Chesborough Brothers built a sawmill here in 1916. They built one logging railroad north from their mill and one south as well. The town was named after Will and Erwin wilwin. The townsite is on Wilwin Road north of H-40. [CB/MIHX8]