Interlocking: Clare Tower, Clare, MI
Clare Tower was located across from the union depot and it controlled the crossing of the Pere Marquette line from Saginaw to Ludington, and the Ann Arbor railroad main line from Toledo to Frankfort.
Photo info/credit: Top, a southbound Ann Arbor passenger train, in the form of a single motor car, heads past the Clare depot and interlocking tower. It appears another motor car is following behind or in a siding. The photo is likely form the 1930's or 1940's. [Alan Loftis collection]
1991. In April, the interlocking plant and signals were dismantled, with the diamond now being protected by a locking gate. [AATHA-1991-Sum]
1918. The AARR had a tower operator here 24/7, with the operators paid by both railroads. [TRT]