Station: Camp Grayling, MI
Camp Grayling, at one time also known as Rasmus, is the main facility of the Michigan National Guard. It is located near Lake Margrethe, five miles southwest of downtown Grayling. The property was donated to the government by Rasmus Hanson, a lumberman. The railroad ran a spur to this location in 1914, using part of the Pere Marquette branch from Messick. The branch was known as the Rasmus Branch.
Photo info/credits: Top, The Michigan National Guard poses for a photo as they load mechanized artillery onto flat cars in the late 1920's. This photo may be near Grayling on the MC's Rasmus Branch. Bottom, the railroad yard and loading docks at Camp Grayling. [Both, Mark Worrall Collection]