Station: Rasmus, MI
Rasmus was an original name for what became Camp Grayling in Crawford County, about 3 miles west of the town of Grayling. Camp Grayling is the main facility of the Michigan National Guard. The property was donated to the government by Rasmus Hanson, a lumberman. The railroad ran a spur to this location in 1914, using part of the Pere Marquette branch from Messick. The branch was known as the Rasmus Branch.
Click Here to see more information and photos about Rasmus and Camp Grayling.