Location: Beaver, MI
Beaver, in Delta County, was a station on the Chicago & Northwestern's Ore Line between Escanaba and Ishpeming. It was located at MP 131.6, 17 miles north of Escanaba. The depot was opened in 1873 and closed in 1954. It became Winde in 1918.
Beaver (Winde) was also a junction with the C&NW's Beaver River Branch, a 734' spur. The location also had a 2,095 foot passing track.
June 1, 1895. The Lemen Brothers circus train collided with an ore train at Beaver Siding. Three horses were killed along with other injured animals. Five people were more or less severely injured. The train arrived in Escanaba on time for the performance but the usual parade was abandoned. [EDP-2/2/1957]