Station: Rock, MI
Rock was a town on the Chicago & North Western railroad about 20 miles north of Escanaba on their line to Ishpeming. Rock was settled in 1865. The village was called Malton Spur and Maple Ridge, but the name was settled by the 1880's. [MPN] At one time, Rock had a 642' passing siding, as well as a 723' spur line.