Station: Flint Pere Marquette Station, MI
The Pere Marquette located their passenger station in downtown Flint, on their original line along the river.
Photo info/credit: Top, a postcard view of the Pere Marquette depot in downtown flint. 2nd photo, an old photograph from the same location. [Alan Loftis], 3rd photo, a postcard photo of the riverfront rail facilities at Flint. The photo is believed to be of the PM. [Alan Loftis collection]
1866 saw mills. The F&PM reports in their annual report that Flint has eight "very flourishing" saw mills capable of sawing 60 million feet of lumber annually. Another two very large mills are nearly completed with the "latest improved machinery" capable of turning out 20 million feet iyearly.. [F&PM-1866]
1868 improvements. A new turntable and an addition to the engine house 76x36' for a rail-repairing shop in which is a steam pump with pipes and tanks attached for water works. Total cost of building and turntable, witht ools and improvements was $3,530. Also installed was a new track scale and building for weighing cars and lumber. Building was 18x34' and scale platform is 12x32'. [F&PM-1868]
1910 station: The PM built a new out-bound freight station here. They also built a new freight station at "North Fllint" which likely was north of the river, maybe near present day McGrew Yard. [PMAR-1909]