Print

Station:  Montrose, MI

GTW Montrose DepotGTW Montrose DepotGTW Montrose DepotMontrose, in northwest Genesee County, was settled around 1835. By 1842, it was known as Brent and Brent Creek but in 1848 it was changed to Montrose. It became a village in 1899. [MPN]

Montrose was located on the Grand Trunk Western (now Huron & Eastern) branch from Durand to Saginaw and Bay City. The town is about 8 miles north of Flushing.

Photo info/credit: Top, a postcard view of a train arriving at the GTW depot in Montrose. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd and 3rd photos, the depot in 2003 and later in 2004 after it was moved away from the track and restored. [Alan Loftis]