Print

Station:  Mount Morris, MI

PM Mt. Morris DepotInterurban Mt. Morris DepotMount Morris was settled around 1833 in north central Genesee County. It was known as Genesee until 1857 and also as Mount Morris Station. The Flint & Pere Marquette railroad came through around 1857.  The town became a village in 1867 and a city in 1929. [MPN]

Photo info/credit: Top, a postcard view of the Pere Marquette depot at Mt. Morris. Below, the interurban depot at Mt. Morris. [both, Alan Loftis collection]

1868 New station. A new passenger and freight station house, 100x26' has been built. Improvements have also been made at this point in the banking grounds for lumber. Cost of the new station was $2,070. [F&PM-1868]