Station: Swartz Creek, MI
Swartz Creek was settled about 1836 and called Miller Settlement. in 1843 to was changed to Swartz Creek. The Grand Trunk Western railroad came through about 1876 and called the village Hamilton, but that was changed to Swartz Creek in 1880. The town became a village in 1958. [MPN]
Swartz Creek was located on the Grand Trunk Western (later CN) line between Flint and Lansing, about 10 miles west of downtown Flint.
Photo info/credit: A early postcard view of the GTW depot and elevator at Swartz Creek. [Alan Loftis collection]