Station: Gladwin, MI
Gladwin was settled around 1875 and became the county seat of Gladwin County. It was originaly called Cedar for its location on the Cedar River. It became a village in 1885 and a city in 1893.
Gladwin was located at the west end of a Michigan Central branch line from Pinconning.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Michigan Central Gladwin Depot with a train approaching. 2nd photo, another view of the depot with a passenger train. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, a 2003 view of the restored Gladwin depot, tracks now gone. [Alan Loftis]