Print

Mine: Anvil Mine, Bessemer, MI

Anvil Mine is located near Bessemer in Gogebic County. The mine was started by the Newport Mining Company in 1886. Ownership transferred at some point to the Pickands, Mather and Company until 1922, and then to the Youngstown Sheet and Tube Company.  It is part of the Anvil-Palms-Keewenaw Group of mines.

The Soo Line (WC) line from Mellon, Wisconsin ended at Anvil Mine in 1961.

Location Coordinates: 46.4736111111, -90.019166667