Mine: Ashland Mine, Ironwood, MI
Ashland Mine (and the Ashland location) was purchased by the Cleveland-Cliffs Mining Company in 1901 and they owned it until 1913. Ownership was sold to the ayes Mining Company which owned it from 1913 to 1926. This mine and townsite is located in the south 1/4 of Section 22 of T47N-R47W. This was the second largest mine on the Gogebic range in 1902. It produced 301,824 tons of ore in 1902. It was an underground mine.