Print

Mine: Newport Mine, Ironwood, MI

The Newport Mine in Ironwood was formally known as the Iron King Mine. It opened in 1886, one of the first mines in the range. t was located east of the Pabst Mine and west of the Bonnie Mine, covering the northwest 1/4 of Section 23 of T47N-R47W.

It was owned by the Youngstown Mines Company and the Newport Mining Company.