Station: Ramsey, MI
Ramsey was a village on the Black River, southeast of Bessemer in Gogebic County. It was settled in 1884 with a saw mill located here. The mill burned in 1889. The town was originally called Ironville. This was apparently a townsite for the Castle Mining Company but it not known what mine or location that they mined in the area. The town was renamed Ramsey in 1888 and had a station on the Chicago & North Western railroad.
C&NW Black River Bridge. The C&NW railroad built a stone arch bridge known locallly as the "Keystone Bridge" in 1891 at a cost of $48,322. The bridge utilized limestone quarried at Kaukauna, Wisconsin. The bridge is 45' long, 44' wide and stands 57' high and has wing walls 50' long. At the top of the arch, the cut-coursed limestone blocks are about 5' thick, giving this bridge a graceful appearance not normally seen in stone arch construction. [UPM] This bridge continues to exist in 2016 but without tracks.