Station: Ramsey, MI
Ramsey was a village on the Black River, southeast of Bessemer in Gogebic County. It was settled in 1884 with a saw mill. The mill burned in 1889. The town was originally called Ironville. This was apparently a townsite for the Castle Mining Company but it not known what mine or location that they mined in the area. The town was renamed Ramsey in 1888 and had a station on the Chicago & North Western railroad.
C&NW Black River Bridge. The C&NW railroad built a stone arch bridge known locallly as the "Keystone Bridge" in 1891 at a cost of $48,322. The bridge utilized limestone quarried t Kaukauna, Wisconsin. It is 45' long, 44' wide and stands 57' high and has wing walls 50' long. At the top of the arch, the cut coursed limestone blocks are about 5' thick, giving this bridge a graceful appearance not normally seen in stone arch construction. [UPM] This bridge continues to exist in 2016 but without tracks.