Print

Station:  Alma, MI

Union Depot, Alma MIUnion Depot, Alma MICO-AA Crossing Alma MICO Ralroad Freight House Alma MIAA Ralroad Freight House Alma MIAlma was settled in 1853 and by 1855 a sawmill was located here. The village was platted in 1856. The town legally became a village in 1872 and a city in 1905. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, The Alma Union depot, serving the Ann Arbor and Pere Marquette railroads, 2nd photo, the same depot with people and livery services waiting for the train, 3rd photo, the grade crossing of the PM/AA at Alma which was protected by a target signal, [Charles Geletske Jr.], 4th photo, the C&O freight house at Alma [Charles Geletzke Jr.] and 4th photo, the Ann Arbor Railroad freight house at Alma in 1972. [Charles Geletzke Jr.]


New Depot. In 1891 a new passenger station was erected at Alma on the DL&N. [DL&N-1891]

1905 improvements: The PM enlarges the freight house at Alma. [PMAR-1905]