Station: Pompei, MI
Pompei was settled as Pompeii around 1854. The village was torn down and moved 1.5 miles south to be on the Grand Trunk Western railroad. The town is five miles west of Ashley.
The GTW Pompei depot closed in January, 1936 and was torn down in the 1940's. [Gene Zank]
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Grand Trunk Western depot at Pompei. [Mark Worrall Collection]