Station: Allen, MI
Allen was settled in 1827 in Hillsdale County, about five miles west of Jonesville. The town became a village in 1950. [MPN]
Allen was a station stop on the Old Road of the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern railroad, which later became the New York Central, Penn Central, Hillsdale County Railroad and now the Indiana Northeastern.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern depot at Allen. [Alan Loftis collection]