Print

Station:  Montgomery, MI

LSMS/NYC Montgomery MI depotLSMS/NYC Montgomery MI depotLSMS/NYC Montgomery MI depotLSMS/NYC Montgomery MI depotLSMS/NYC Montgomery MI depotMontgomery was settled in the southwest corner of Hillsdale County in 1870. It was a station stop on the Fort Wayne and Jackson railroad which quickly became part of the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern/New York Central. The town incorporated as a village in 1906. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the NYC (former LS&MS) depot at Montgomery in 1958. [Roger Card] 2nd photo, another early view of the depot, 3rd photo, the depot with a passenger train loading baggage. 4th photo, a 2003 view of the depot [2nd-4th photo Alan Loftis], and 5th photo, the depot in 2005. [Dale Berry]

The LS&MS had a water tower at Montgomery. [NYCtt1926]