Print

Station:  North Adams, MI

North Adams MI depotNorth Adams MI depotNorth Adams MI depotNorth Adams was settled around 1835 with a tavern and was called Cutler's Corners. It was renamed North Adams in 1850. The town was a station stop on the Detroit Hillsdale & Southwestern railroad and is about six miles northeast of Hillsdale in Hillsdale County. It became a village in 1881. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, a 2002 view of a building which may have been a depot or freight house in North Adams, depending on the time of the photograph. [Alan Loftis], 2nd photo shows both a new passenger depot (on the left) and the other taller building on the right. [Alan Loftis collection], 3rd photo, another view of the depot at North Adams under Detroit, Hillsdale andSouthwestern railroad ownership. [Alan Loftis collection]