Station: Reading, MI
Reading was settled as Basswood Corners in the late 1830's and renamed Reading in 1840. [MPN] The Fort Wayne and Jackson railroad came through about 1840 and a station stop was established. Reading became a village in Hillsdale County in 1873 and a city in 1934.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Lake Shore depot at Reading in 1906. 2nd photo, a 1957 photo of a NYC switch engine and caboose on the Fort Wayne branch at Reading. [Roger Card]