Print

Station:  Lake Linden, MI

Lake Linden MI depotLake Linden was on the northwest shore of Torch Lake in Houghton County. It was settled in 1851 and first called Torch Lake. In 1851 a stamp mill was built here. In 1885 it was renamed Lake Linden and it became a village the same year. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the depot at Lake Linden, now part of the Houghton County Historical Society complex. 2003. [Dale Berry]