Print

Station: South Range, MI

 South Range is a town on M-28 about eight miles southwest of Houghton. This town was located amid several mine locations and mining companies. South Range was about 1/2 mile south of Painesdale Junction (Mill Mine Junction). The town was settled in 1902 and became a village in 1906. [MPN]


November 19, 1913. Telephone wires cut by strikers. The wires of the Copper Rane railroad and the Western Union telegraph wires were cut at Ricedale and betweeen Mill Mine Junction and South Range. In consequence, train service was delayed several hours. [DFP-1913-1119]