Station: East Lansing, MI
East Lansing was settled about 1849 in Ingham County. The Michigan Agricultural College was founded here in 1855 and was renamed Michigan State College in 1925. It became Michigan State University in 1955. East Lansing became a city in 1907.
East Lansing was served by both the Grand Trunk Western main line between Port Huron and Chicago, as well as the Pere Marquette line from Detroit to Grand Rapids and Chicago. Both crossed in East Lansing at a location known as Trowbridge. Amtrak established a station in East Lansing at Harrison Street.