Station: Meridian, MI
Meridian was settled about 1841 as Red Ridge. It was renamed Meridian in 1871. It was eight miles east of Lansing in Ingham County. Meridian was a tollgate location on the Detroit, Howell & Lansing Plank Road. It also became a station on the Pere Marquette main line between Detroit and Grand Rapids via Lansing.
Photo info/credit: The PM depot at Meridian. [Alan Loftis collection]
1879 improvements: A new station was built here by the DL&N. [DL&N-1879]