Station: Elmdale, MI
Elmdale was settled in 1889 on the Pere Marquette main line between Lansing and Grand Rapids in Ionia County. An early PM north-south branch line crossed here. The south leg was abandoned and the line north became a freight link for the PM between Grand Rapids and Saginaw.
The operator at Elmdale operated one of the first CTC (centralized traffic control) machines in Michigan, controlling signals and switches between Elmdale and Sunnyside east of Grand Rapids.